Sunday 26 June 2011

The Party's Over!

Hooray!

My son's birthday party is now but a distant memory. Now don't get me wrong, I adore my eldest and am thrilled that he and his friends had a great time (as the mud up my carpet stairs is confirmation of) but blimey it was stressful. The Pinata, that my exasperated husband (EH) always takes great pleasure in making, was going well until EH decided it would be a stroke of genius to make it using wallpaper paste...cue the next scene of me with a hairdryer the day before Dominic's party. Sadly to say the pinata didn't dry out (which it
would have done has we used flour and water as we were supposed to!) and we had to buy a shop bought one. Fortunately I did learn something new...6 year olds have no emotional dilemmas battering a Winnie the Pooh pinata with a baseball bat!

Anyway, once again I digress. I now have my dining room back (since I burst all of the balloons with my dressmaking pins!), obviously I have to share it with my family but primarily my fabrics are slowly taking over again...oh the joys!

Currently Tanya Whelan is featuring prominently right now on my table, I am a huge fan of her Dolce collection but am quite taken with some of the prints from her Delilah collection, the Rosie print is very much like Buttercups from Kitty Yoshida's Prospect Park (one of my all time favourite fabrics).




Most of all my daughter loves Tanya's prints...I mean what better confirmation can you get that a fabric is perfect for a dress than the opinion of a three year old funky sprog!

No comments:

Post a Comment